We are Committed to Providing You
With Excellent Support
Call 540.745.2111 or 276.637.6485 press 1 for 24/7 support
Or use the contact form below for an online response or to request a convenient time for a technician to contact you to troubleshoot.
Having problems? Let us help.
Citizens Rapid Response
A key component of Citizens’ mission is to provide customers with excellent support. Support and Technical Assistance Services are available to you 24/7 x 365 days for all major services. Rapid Response Plans are available.
To Check for Service Availability Please Contact Us
Call BEFORE You Dig!
Virginia law holds the customer responsible for damage to underground cable (electric and telephone) if you have not contacted VA811 to mark the location of their underground lines before digging.
1-800-552-7001 or Dial 811
- Troubleshooting Guide
- Touchstone TM822 Modem User Guide
- Secure IT FAQ
- Citizens Advanced WiFi FAQ
- Citizens Advanced WiFi Setup
- Are you gigabit ready?
- Frequently Asked Questions about Home Data Usage
- Understand What Uses Data
- Managing bandwidth usage for streaming services
- Estimate your monthly data usage
- DSL Self Install
- Email Setup
To report spam, forward message as an attachment to : email@example.com
- 276 and 540 New Dialing Procedure
- Troubleshooting Guide
- How to Test Phone at NID
- NEW Calling Features Guide
- Voice Message Management
- Using Citizens Unified Messaging Voicemail with Multiple Mailboxes
- Voice Messaging User Guide
- Manage My VMail
- Manage My Notify Plus
- Digital Phone (Cable Modem) Battery Backup
- Digital Phone (Fiber) Battery Backup
To Check Voicemail:
ACCESS PHONE NUMBERS:
Floyd area customers: 745-0486
Ft. Chiswell area customers: 276-699-8486
To check Voicemail from your Citizens landline dial *94
- Digital Video User’s Guide (pdf)
- ADB Remote Control TV Programming Codes (pdf)
- Digital Basic Troubleshooting Tips
- Unable to see all of the new channels in your digital programming package
- Analog Basic Troubleshooting Tips
- Citizens Remote Control Quick Guides
- SFN TV Now General Setup
- SFN TV Now FAQ
Tech Home | Secure IT
- Technical Support available 24/7 at 1-877-373-3320
- Download SecureIT
- Download Password Genie
- Download File Hopper Plus
Support and Technical Assistance Resources are:
- Trained in Citizens products and services
- Competent in troubleshooting voice, data and video product and service needs
- Available to provide real-time assistance
- Skilled in assessing customer needs and in walking customers through step-by-step procedures to get services back in working order
- Accountable for recording and documenting customers service history (what worked, what didn’t work, what was the service need/what was the service resolution)
- Proficient at assessing if service needs can be addressed via phone or internet troubleshooting or if a trained service technician needs to make a visit to your location. If a visit to the customer location is required, service needs are dispatched in a timely fashion to field personnel at Citizens locations.
- 2013 FRS Glossary (PDF)
Citizens Quality Management
Citizens monitors reported support and technical assistance needs to assess quality, timeliness, competencies and customer service delivered. Citizens works to maintain quality service and to improve the customer's experience in using support processes.