Citizens Cablevision is pleased to announce the addition of
InfoOne is an automated technology service based out of Wytheville, VA that collects important information from many publicly available sources. InfoOne formats and maps that information, determines to which of our communities the information applies, and then broadcasts that information to our viewers through our custom iPhone and Android apps, Twitter, Facebook, direct text, and now Citizens’ television.
InfoOne divides all information into geographical communities, usually by county. Subscribers of Citizens Cablevision will see information based on your service area: Floyd, Wythe, and Craig counties.
Information carried by InfoOne, channel 19 comes from the following sources:
- National Weather Service
- All weather alerts affecting any part of the community
- Current weather conditions.
- 5-day weather forecast.
- Appalachian Power
- Broadcast power outages affecting 25 or more customers within a given community
- Virginia Department of Transportation
- All “major” and “high profile” traffic incidents within the community, and within 5 miles of the geographic perimeter of the community.
- National Centers for Missing and Exploited Children
- Runaway children within 30 miles of the community.
- Amber Alerts occurring within 300 miles of the community.
- School closings
- Public and private school closings and delays.
- United States Geological Survey
- Earthquakes over 2.0 magnitude occurring within a radius that could potentially affect the community (the radius diameter is determined by the magnitude of the earthquake)
The video stream generated shows active alerts one at a time with the text information scrolling vertically. It cycles through active alerts, local weather conditions/forecasts, and information about the InfoOne service. Music from Wytheville radio station, WXBX, is played in the background on the channel, giving viewers a
To become more familiar with
For more information, visit www.citizens.coop , call 540.745.2111 or 276.637.6485. Citizens is a member-owned Cooperative providing telephone, Internet, and TV to Floyd County,