We are looking for a qualified Information Technology Technician “IT Technician” that will install and maintain computer systems and networks aiming for the highest functionality. You will also help “train” users on appropriate and safe usage of the IT infrastructure.
A successful IT Technician must have a thorough knowledge of computer software and hardware and a variety of internet applications, networks and operating systems. The ideal candidate will also have excellent troubleshooting abilities and attention to detail.
The goal is to build and maintain updated and efficient computer systems and networks to promote efficient and effective business operations.
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc.)
- Check computer hardware (HDD, mouse, keyboard etc.) to ensure functionality
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
- Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance to minimize interruption of teammates or customers from completing their work
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, reinstall software, perform software updates, etc.)
- Documents solutions and scheduled maintenance using a ticketing system within an OSS/BSS platform.
- Identify computer or network equipment shortages and research options and prepare purchase requisitions
- Creates and manages user accounts and computers through Active Directory
- Install and troubleshoot network cabling, terminations, etc
- Install and troubleshoot VoIP Phone Systems
- Proven experience as IT Technician or relevant position
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication ability
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- In-depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or relevant field
- Certification as IT Technician will be an advantage (e.g. CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional)
This position offers:
- Comprehensive benefits
- A competitive hourly rate
- The opportunity to work for a proven technology leader in the region
Only qualified applicants with all the above qualifications will be considered. Applicants must provide both a resume and application to the address listed below. Applicants may obtain an application by calling (540) 745-9502 or by Applying Here. No applicant material will be accepted after 5:00 pm on Thursday, December 30, 2021.
Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 137, Floyd, VA 24091-0137
Equal Opportunity Employer
DCJS # 11-9804