At Citizens, we connect people and communities to technology. Citizens is currently seeking a Plant Maintenance Technician to join our expanding and growing team and play a vital role in the continued stability and growth of our organization. As part of our team, you will be enhancing the lives of our customers and will be a key member of a supportive and service-oriented team.
The Citizens Difference
Citizens is more than just a place to work. We strive to create an environment that promotes personal development and provides many learning opportunities.
Our employees are key to our success. To demonstrate the value we place in our employees, Citizens offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package (healthcare and retirement), and an excellent working environment.
The Plant Maintenance Technician's responsibilities involve utility locating, maintenance, and repair related to all plant and customer facilities for communications and entertainment services (telephone, data services, video, and wireless).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Basic understanding of electronics and schematics.
- Passion for accuracy.
- Self-motivated and able to work alone.
- Strong communication skills with the general public.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Vocational school training or apprenticeship preferred.
- On-the-job training offered.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have physical strength, balance, hand-eye coordination, and stamina necessary to complete jobs in various terrain.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 75 pounds
- Must be able to stand and walk up to eight hours per day
- Must be able to work in various temperatures and changing weather conditions.
- Must be able to traverse in all-terrain on the job site; this may include walking, climbing, reaching, bending, crawling, or stretching.
- Must have flexibility in scheduling to meet the needs of the business.
The Plant Maintenance Technician will work primarily in the Floyd, Virginia area with occasional assignments in Ft. Chiswell and New Castle Only qualified applicants with the above knowledge, skills, and abilities will be considered. Applicants must provide both a resume and application to the address listed below. Applicants may apply online by following the link below or by calling (540) 745-9502. No applicant material will be accepted after 5:00 PM on Wednesday July 6, 2022.
Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 137, Floyd, VA 24091-0137
Equal Opportunity Employer