Citizens has an immediate opening for a Fiber Optic Technician to install, splice, test, and maintain fiber optic cable and equipment. This position requires designing and installing fiber circuits and making fiber assignments for efficient management of the fiber network. The individual must possess the ability to identify, analyze, and resolve technical problems. Telecommunications, electronics, and computer experience will be beneficial in this position. Positive teamwork, customer service, and communication skills and behaviors are expected.
This position offers:
- Comprehensive benefits
- A competitive hourly rate
- The opportunity to work for a proven technology leader in the region
- Basic knowledge of fiber optic splicing, testing and service installation skills
- Telecommunications, electronics and computer experience beneficial
- 2 Year Associates degree in Electronics or equivalent experience
- Experience working with hand tools, power tools, drills, etc.
- Availability to work on a rotating on-call schedule that includes weekends, holidays, evenings and overtime as needed
- Valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record
Only qualified applicants with all the above qualifications will be considered. This position will be based out of Floyd, Virginia. Applicants must provide both a resume and application to the address listed below. Applicants may apply online by following the link below or by calling (540) 745-9502. No applicant material will be accepted after Friday, May 27, 2022.
Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 137, Floyd, VA 24091-0137
Equal Opportunity Employer